Thursday, June 23, 2011

Prayers

altar flowers

My friend's husband passed away on Father's Day. I read her post on FB. I have been feeling sad and low since I read her post. My heart sank. If you see the photos of their family on FB you knew they were at the peak of their life. Two teenage kids, a girl and a boy, and the lovely couple who look more like in their 20s than in their 40s.

A couple months ago, I think, she commented on her sister's wall that her husband is back home after bouts of chemo. I immediately sent her a note that I'd pray for her husband's recovery.

It happened so soon from where I am. I don't know what happened, how long the battle with the big C had been. But I'm just sad.

Today, I read her post asking for more prayers in the following months as she is feeling his absence every single day :(

1 comment:

Josiet said...

That's heartbreaking. We lost our mom to the big C too.

Sending out prayers to your friend.

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...