Saturday, October 19, 2013

Daily October (19)

"You must take time to grieve. It is after all a lost. You must admit it to yourself that you lost something. That way you can grieve. It is only in giving yourself time to grieve that you can move on."

"There could be no such thing as a fastrack to moving on; there is no shortcut. Take your time. Be kind to yourself and let yourself be sad. When you're done, then you can move on."

Those were the wise words that were given to me as an advice by someone who's been there before. She walked in the same shoes I was walking on, not once, not twice, but three times. I listened to her, heeded the advice because I know that she knew what is in my heart. She was able to give names to feelings that I couldn't identify. It's a blessing to have people like that in one's life.

Lately I've been thinking about all the people that come in and out of our lives. Some come in and nourish us, others come in our lives because we happen to be the nourishment they needed.

In the past 2 years or so, I've been nourished by the cats that come in my backyard. My belief is strong that each one of us has specific roles in this world. I think I just found mine. I'm here where I am right now because the cats need someone to look after them; someone to feed them; someone to keep them safe.

One day we arrived from running errands and as soon as I entered the family room/kitchen I noticed four kitties standing in the backyard on the other side of the glass door looking in. It was dinner time, or just about. The minute the older cat saw my face, they meowed. I couldn't hear it because the door was closed, but all their mouths moved in unison. I have never felt been more needed than that moment.

No comments:

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...