Friday, June 28, 2013

15 Today

As I was walking down the hall today, I overhear a conversation. I cannot remember particularly what I heard, but when I spotted who were talking I recognized the man. I know him many years back and I was so surprised how old he's gotten. He looked so much older than I what I rememebered.

Then I realized what date today is. Today is June 28th. My 15th anniversary at my present job. 15 years!!!! Talk about staying power.

Then I wondered, do people say to themselves that I have gotten so much older since the time we were working together, or seeing each other regularly in the cafeteria or around the hallway or the parking lot?

Here's to another 15 and hopefully I find the fountain of youth soon.

(PS I know it's called exercise, but I'll find the encouragement to do this regularly soon.)

No comments:

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...