What Have I Been Up To?
Or a little update from my side of the universe :)
- My son (the cat) and I made creme de menthe cookie truffle on Monday night. It's a recipe I found on one of the blogs I read regularly and she featured this little treat. When I read the ingredients and the procedure, I thought it was easy. Turned out it was easy to make. Except that I am not really good in the kitchen. The truffles can be made prettier - you know balls can be made rounder - but they taste wonderful. My husband and I decided this would be the chocolate item we would participate in next year's CHOCOLATE EXTRAVAGANZA, a church fundraiser.
- I almost got run off my lane by an unattentive driver. I was so shocked. Luckily no one was hurt and he got control of his pick-up before it's too late. Thank God.
- Up until 2 days ago, the host of our annual family Christmas luncheon was not fixed. I was getting anxious that I might host it two years in a row. Thankfully, my SIL came to the rescue and said she's hosting it. It's really her turn anyway :)
- We lost a dear friend of ours a week ago today. I have written about them here many times. Ken, the husband, and my adopted FIL died in his sleep and he and his wife have decided not to do anything, no service no funeral. He chose to be cremated and his ashes will be scattered some in the water because he loved fishing and some will be transported to Wyoming where he was from and where he loved to vacation. It's sad that his wife is now alone in their house.
- I seem to have more presents to wrap. When I thought I was done, there were more items to buy. I even wrapped presents earlier than usual this year so I can have the remaining days preceding Christmas stress free.
- Can't believe the year is about to close again. What happened to 2010?