Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feeling October 20

It's Wednesday, October 20, and I'm feeling a mixture of happiness and anxiety.

Nothing big to you folks. Big for me though.

Oh before I go on. October 20 will always be significant. For two reasons. One it's my niece Cherrie's birthday and two, it's my hs bff's birthday. Cherrie has been raised by my mother, not as a granddaughter, but as the second daughter. We have a 10-year age gap. I considered her my little sister more than my niece to be honest with you.

Now to the explanation why I am feeling both sides of the emotional coin today:

One - the Giants are playing the 4th game of the 7-game NLCS. For those not in the know, the Giants are the hometown's baseball team. Happy that the Giants are ahead 2 games to 1 against the highly touted and defending NLCS champs Philadelphia Phillies. Anxious at the same time because this town has been burned before - personally I can remember the deep hurt and disappointment of 1997, 2000, 2002.

Two - happy that later in the day I'll be able to bring home my little kitten that I adopted last Saturday. I could not bring him home then because he needed to get fixed and have whatever medical check ups and shots he needed. Anxious at the same time because I don't know how my beloved Emma ( the resident queen cat) would react to this new addition to the family and to her household/queendom.

We were assured that if the cats don't get along, the shelter is happy to have the kitten back. I don't want to do that. I don't even want to think that eventuality will happen. I hope things will go well.

And six days from now, it would be my dad's birthday. I always feel a tug in my heartstrings when his birthday and death anniversary come along. Well, that's a week from now still. Let me just stew with my mixed emotions while I sip my hazelnut coffee.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Fall day.

No comments:

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...