Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6/10/09

Oh things have been hectic around here. I can't remember the last time I went to bed early. I feel really tired today. Everyday really, but today particularly. And there is no end to this hectic days yet. Despite all my moanings and groanings, I am thankful for all the chaos in my head and life right now. They're the good kind of chaos. :)

Anyway, I have been meaning to write , but I guess my brain is fried from fatigue and lack of sleep. I really can't think straight right now, but I thought I'd write anyway. I'll use my favorite technique in jotting down my thoughts, I'd do the bullet style :)

* Another baby was left inside a car and found dead. This time it's a four-month old baby that was strapped in the father's car's backseat. The car was in the BART parking lot all day. The father took the train to work and forgot to drop off the baby to the sitter. The mother rushed to the parking lot when she found out that the baby did not show up in the sitter. By then, it was 5 pm and the baby was pronounced dead in a hospital ER. This is really a sad news. I feel for the parents. This is the kind of mistake that shatter and turn one's life upside down. It is human nature to point fingers at who was at fault and I'm afraid that the parents will do that to each other and instead of facing this trial together with a united front, they will be divided in their grief. And that's not all, the father could also be charged with negligence. As of the moment, no charge has been issued. I really really felt my heart sank when I heard this on the news.


* I have long since stopped hoping for a mail whenever I go and open our mailbox. For years now since the advent of email, only junk mail comes to me. So yesterday when I saw the familiary "airmail" blue and red striped envelope I got excited. It was a personal mail all right (they still exist, yay), but the mail wasn't addressed to me. It was addressed to my niece, or at least I am thinking it is. Why am I blogging about this? It's just a mail you say, but let me tell you some more info. The name is that of my niece, but the spelling of her name is incorrect (it may not be her). The address on the mail is for Fernandez Ave. Then scribbled on the lower left hand corner of the envelope is our Street name, which looks like written there by a USPS employee. My niece stayed on this address a few months some 17 years ago. Since then she has moved three or four times and in different cities. She has never received any mail in this address since I moved here 16 years ago, not a one. So after 17 years, why a letter comes to her here. Why would the mailman put our address and cross out the address that the sender wrote? My guess is that since there are at least four Filipinos working in our town's PO, they thought the last names are similar so they delivered it to our address. Why not just send it back to the sender? I emailed my niece to tell her about her mail :) Anyway, I just got curious who would be sending her a letter, that's all, just my curiosity.


* I am going camping with people I don't know; I know at least three including my husband. With all the craziness around here since June first, going away camping is the last thing I wanted to do. But the trip was scheduled long before all the craziness happened and so we cannot cancel. My worries abound. I am not a sociable person; my husband is Mr. Congeniality. I should be at least gracious, if not friendly to everyone. I don't know friendly. I don't do friendly. At least I think I don't do friendly. And most of all I don't sleep on the ground, on a hard surface unless its a papag. I tried sleeping on the ground before when my bones didn't creak and I could go 0 to 60 from a supine position to a standing position. But my girl scouting days were long gone. I want to go camping, yes, but I don't want to rough it up. I'm too old for this. What's going to be interesting is that one of the three people that I know will have the same attitude as me. However, I do promise to support my husband. He did point out to me that I signed up for this, for better or worse, when I married him. He is an outdoorsman and being cooped up with the routine of 9 to 5 work week and weekends of chores can make him grumpy without the occasional outings like this. Now that I have grumbled about this in writing, I will transform myself to an outdoorswoman and my attitude will do a 180. I'll let you know all about it next time. After all, the scenery I was told was worth all the trouble. Let me bring extra extra batteries then. :)

No comments:

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...