Thursday, August 12, 2010

Six Pack

Burst of Beauty

Once upon a time in another blog I posted a weekly post I called Six Pack. It's a list of 6 of whatever I wanted to post. That ended when that blog became a meme blog. I toyed with the idea of picking up where I left off with regards to jotting down six of something every week. And after months of considerations, I finally found myself reviving this post.

So here's my Six Pack for this week:

Six movies that got my attention:
  1. The Sixth Sense - the quintessential curve ball at the end of the movie when it was revealed that the Bruce Willis character was a ghost. Come on now tell me if any one ever thought, ever guessed, ever imagined he was a ghost! I don't think so.
  2. LOTR Trilogy - just the mere scale of how Peter Jackson told this Tolkien saga was jaw-droppingly amazing. Add the perfect casting that made the characters come alive on the big screen - perfection.
  3. Little Miss Sunshine - a delightful storytelling of an ordinary family. I can't stop laughing while watching this. Great cast, fabulous acting.
  4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding - laughfest. Funny to the max. It's one of my favorites and I don't tire of watching it over and over.
  5. Harry Potter - what can I say? I love the characters, the way the story is told, the CGI is fantastic and the humanity of the main characters. The first one is still my favorite
  6. Inception - what a well made movie this one is. I find that when you watch it intently from the beginning, there is no confusion at all. I love how the director told the story, how masterful was Leo's acting [can't believe he turned out to be such a good actor] and how the supporting characters were all magnificent in their portrayal. And oh, I also love the subject matter.

2 comments:

Josiet said...

I'd love to watch Inception. Been reading great reviews about this movie.

Sweatha Sanjana said...

Your writting could change the world that you want. Express your thoughts!!. Politics , Business , Entertainment , Sports & Games , Life & Events ,and Health what else?. Meet your like minded here. The top social gathering in one place all the top notches meet here. It is not about win the race, participation is all matters. We proud inviting you to the the internet's best Social community. www.jeejix.com .

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...