Thursday, September 22, 2016

We Are SF, We Are Giant

So frustrated! That's how I have been feeling since July this year. Well now, I am not the only one to feel this way. The entire Giant nation shares the aggravation.

Us Giants fans, we don't ask for a lot. We just want our championship parade every other year. It's looking more and more like that's not happening this year. What is more hurtful on my part personally is that I wasn't around in 2014 during the exciting World Series because I chose to gallivant all over Europe, opting to see Venice, soak in Santorini and meander the historical alleys of Genoa. Thus, I missed the masterful performance of Madbum, of how he singlehandedly carried the team past the rampaging KC Royals - who won it all last year.

What is perplexing is how everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, so far. Nothing they do is working. Well, they are not doing anything. The Giants are not moving the runner to second base. They are definitely not hitting home runs, let alone scoring runs. What they are doing? They are allowing the opponents to score on them, to hit all their pitches. So annoying. I cannot put my finger on it. It makes my blood boil. Even my husband who is at most a casual bystander gets outraged.

For my health, I stopped watching. I know I shouldn't. I should keep on supporting them. I am not just a fair-weather fan, but them getting a meltdown in the past few months is stressing me.

I love you Giants. Right now, I can't even look at you.

No comments:

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...