Year-End Report

2012 turned out to be one busy year, both in travels and in general.  Let's see how the year shaped up to be:

HIGH
  • Travelled to India, Bangladesh, Mexico, Honduras and Belize.
  • Ate and drank in New Orleans, what a beautiful city.
  • Romantic get-away in the wine country in February.
  • Enjoyed the giant sequioa trees and the charming Victorian houses in Eureka for our May roadtrip.
  • Celebrated my birthday with my in-laws in Bangladesh - first time ever.
  • Hiked and cave tubed in Belize.
  • Drank the most wonderful tasting PINA COLADA of my life in the western end of Roatan in Honduras at the Half Moon Bay resort.
  • Had a lovely dinner at Cafe Curbside.
  • Baked my first successful brownie.
  • Participated in outreach for the homeless in a project called Tenderloin Project where we collected essentials and packaged them in individual reusable pouches/bags.
  • Took a 2-hour tour of Hongkong - which only whetted my appetite for the island country.  I wanna go back there.

LOW
  • A loved one was diagnosed with the big C - she's doing well after the surgery where the doctor told her all the cancer cells are gone, but will still need to undergo more chemo.  Praying hard.
  • Unable to unclutter my bedroom and garage.
  • Failed to read books.
  • Did not try to learn to knit.
  • Unable to complete needle work project.
  • Did not do much gardening or decorating.
  • Did not go to Yosemite this year :(
  • Zoom lens broke :(

GOALS:
  • Complete cross stitch project.
  • Learn how to sew and knit.
  • Send out Christmas cards.
  • Take a week off on Christmas to fully prepare for the day.
  • Clean out the garage.
  • Weed out my wardrobe.
  • Read a book, seriously, any book not just my usual type of books.
  • Find a way to make money out of my hobbies.
  • Make candles.
  • Make potpouri out of my lavender bushes.

I do not foresee many days of traveling in the coming year, athough there are 2 cruises that needed to be taken next year, both however are 7-day cruises each.  That only accounts for 14 days.  But who knows, 2012 wasn't a travel year in the beginning, but turned out to be one. 

The goals I set for myself this year are quite doable.  I bought a planner/journal on the weekend so I can jot down what needs to be done and what has been accomplished. 

Happy New Year.

Comments

scudinreallife said…
Happy New Year! More travels, adventure, happiness for you this year. And most importantly good health to you and your loved ones. :-)

Popular Posts