Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Got So Excited

I lost my mind at Michael’s yesterday. Ok let me back up!

I am preparing for a chocolate creation for the annual fundraiser that our church hosts in connection with the local high school’s art and music program. Every year, members of the church make something chocalatey for participants to sample. The fundraiser billed CHOCOLATE EXTRAVANZA is a chocolate buffet. I have always made truffles. I believe this would be the 5th year of the fundraiser and I am the reigning people’s choice champion in the truffle division (cake, cookie and bark are the other divisions). Because of this, there is more pressure for me to up my game with my chocolate creation.

Last week, I tested my recipe. While it was good, my friend who barely eats anything had three of my “truffles” and she said they were good. I knew they were good, but I felt they lacked some oomph in them. Consulting my husband on the recipe we decided to switch it from all chocolate flavor to lemon flavor (my winning truffle last year was a green tea truffle).

Shopping for ingredients was slated yesterday. Hubs called me at work to make arrangement to meet at Grocery Outlet after work. I came early and texted him that I would be gawking at all the beautiful things at Michael’s which is next door to the grocery store.

I picked up a set of coloring pencils (my first set needs replacement after I’ve colored so many mandalas and zentangles). On a whim I made a beeline to the food decorating section……………… and Oh Em Gee!!!!!!

Who knew there are all these utensils and devices to make chocolate creations easy breezy. The husband went straight to Michael’s and I showed him what he needed to make his creation. We bought a mold. And I had to contain myself from hyperventilating. I was so excited and I am already looking forward to making edibles for Christmas gift giving. I love you Michael’s.

3 comments:

madretz said...

hehe! the magic of Michaels!!

I wonder if I saw you, too, but just wasn't paying attention to anyone. :( I saw all of you walking along Embarcadero, wearing purple. I was probably walking home from the farmer's market, i think i crossed the street at Harrison right by the bridge. Next time, hopefully there will be a next time...maybe at the sand sculpture event at Ocean beach or the Parol Festival sometime...or even just random like last weekend...don't hesitate, I'd love to meet you!! Or do the Giant's race in September, I'm planning on do that with my friend and sister-in-law. I think it's sooo cool you recognized me!! I was actually thinking about you Memorial Day weekend because we were driving on Highway 395 south and I know it's a freeway you're accustomed to road tripping to. You and your hubs really need to do Highway 108 up and over Sonora Pass from Sonora to the 395 if you haven't yet. Such a pretty drive. I pinch myself every time we drive it and feel so lucky our hideaway is along that corridor.

Hope you post pics of your chocolate creations on instagram!

popcorn said...

OOoh! I'm not crafty-person but I love Michael's too. It's my go-to for when I need thank you cards, gift wrapping supplies and other what-nots.

Your truffles sound yummy, do share pics when you have them :) I really shouldn't be eating truffles na so I'll just devour some with me eyes.

Iremonger Lindsay JacoBus Quinlan Pickens said...

refreshing blog template.

Stories of 2020

1/19/20 Today, I received my first moving violation. A traffic policeman cited me for “speeding” going 35 on a 25. I honestly didn’t ...